New Delhi: A groom did not expect his friends to come up with the most bizarre gift for his wedding. They turned up at his wedding with a “Kama Sutra sofa”. Yes, you heard that right!
Nikhil Gupta, an X user, shared a video of a group of men attending their friend’s wedding. In the video going viral, the men took to the stage and gifted a giant sofa to the couple. Well, the sofa is not a conventional one. It was a “Kama Sutra sofa”.
Kama Sutra sofa
Unlike usual sitting furniture, this sofa is designed to make intimate sessions comfortable and enjoyable. The sofa is curved to enhance romantic experiences by giving cushioned support in all the right places.
“Sexualising your friend’s wife in front of her family on her once-in-a-lifetime moment. Can people step lower than this?” wrote Gupta captioning the clip.
The video started with the men entering the stage with a massive object covered with a sheet. After assembling beside the bride and the groom, they asked the groom to unveil the gift in front of everyone. Accordingly, the man pulled off the sheet, showcasing his wedding gift to other guests. Unsurprisingly, the groom and the bride were stunned.
Sexualising your friend’s wife in front of her family on her once-in-a-lifetime moment. Can people step lower than this? pic.twitter.com/V0zH3tWTIZ
— Nikhil Gupta (@Nikhilgupta1104) February 9, 2024
Netizens were quick to comment on the clip. Most people thought the gift was inappropriate and called out the group for being mindless. Others lashed out blaming “modernity” for the men’s choice of gift. “I saw this reel. To be honest, I don’t like this type of joke. especially in front of family,” said one person.
Echoing similar sentiments, another user commented, “Disgusting! In the name of modernity, ppl are free to do any misadventure.” However, a tiny set of netizens decided to treat the matter diplomatically. One wrote, “Maybe the bride is also cool with it, let’s not judge.”
“I am so glad that almost 90 % agree that this is a disgrace. For the rest 10 %, I just wanna say, just think of a scenario where your sister or daughter is getting such a gift in front of hundreds of people and if it is acceptable for you then good for you, I am wrong :),” wrote Gupta responding to the comments in the thread.